Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Mud Room


We moved into our house 2 weeks ago today.  Just in time to unpack some boxes and celebrate Christmas.  Man, oh man.  Have we come a long way since we got possession of the house in mid October!

One project that we have kept working on since moving in is the mud room.  Here it is right when we took possession, before the two closets were combined to make the mud room:

  

And here is the mud room taking shape the day after Thanksgiving, thanks to our amazing contractor:


I'll post later about the flooring issue that I solved with wood gel stain.  Stay tuned for that info!

For the design plan, I have narrowed down the main decor and functional elements, but the paint color I am still playing with.  Last week I liked Ralph Lauren Aged Mint:



At one point I liked Ralph Lauren California Poppy:


More posts coming about the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment