Thursday, May 17, 2012

Roses and Molly

As much as our yard needs help, there are clues all around that a fantastic gardener once lived here.  Molly owned our home for 50+ years.  I have a hard time stepping into her shoes.  My neighbor remembers going to a bridal tea for Molly's daughter, Nanette, here in the home.  Ribbon sandwiches were served and items from Nanette's trousseau were displayed in each room accompanied with a bouquet of fresh cut flowers.  My own memory of Molly's flowers comes from when I was a little girl.  We went to church right down the street from here, and each Sunday Molly brought a beautiful big bouquet of flowers she cut from her yard for the congregation to look at during the services.  

Here are the roses that I cut out of the yard today:




They smell heavenly!  I wish I had more vases to bring more inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment