Monday, January 7, 2013

Laundry Room Flooring

I've made my inspiration board so that I can refine the materials and finishes in the room.  The built-in desk is going to be the focal point--and I already have bought the main ingredients for about $50!

Today I have started looking at flooring.  I can't believe how much better the room looks with "wood" linoleum:

1.

162967_286x200
Laundry Room Inspiration Board with Wood-Look Linoleum Floor

Because this morning, I was thinking that a "stone slab" linoleum would look good:

2.

163158_286x200
Laundry Room Inspiration Board with Stone-Slab-Look Linoleum Floor

And I've thought that a dark floor could work really well because everything else is going to be so SO white:

3.

163164_286x200
Laundry Room Inspiration Board with Dark-Grey-Stone-Slab-Look Linoleum Floor

But No. 1 is my favorite, and Jon's too.  Jon watched me make the flooring switches on the computer and agreed hands down with the wood look.  I've always thought that linoleum printed like wood flooring looked cheesy.  We could also go for a cork look linoleum.  I think either could work really well in this small laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment