Friday, March 15, 2013

Highly Stylized Painted Furniture is NOT Classic

In the 80s when I was growing up, toll painting was huge!  My mom had me going to toll painting classes with a lady up the street and even gave my sister a toll painted necklace for graduation.  Remember those days?


Keep painted furniture simple.  Or better yet, re-stain it.  Today's popular furniture painting projects might be sort-of a joke in 25 years just like toll painting is now.

Look at how much more classic this piece of furniture is:

DSC08251
frugalflourish.blogspot.com, "How to Strip and Restain a Dresser"

Hurray for Jess at Frugal with a Flourish for showing how easy re-staining furniture can be!  I've blogged about a similar experience here.  Stick with stained furniture or a single color of paint.

Keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment