Saturday, January 29, 2011

Classic Accessories for the Mantle

I have changed my mantle several times over, including new paint on the surrounding wall and new paint over the existing tiles.  I hope someday to be at peace with my mantle.

Yesterday
April 2010


Here are some fireplaces from the last several decades:


1940s
gettyimages.com


Lots of small scale accessories.

1950s
activerain.com


Corner fireplace, asymmetrical.

1969
retrorenovation.com

Rustic materials and finishes.  Big scale items.

1970s


Flashy traditional style (look at all of that tufting!).

outmavarin.blogspot.com
The frilly decade.


corbisimages.com


I wouldn't mind going more this route (above).  This style is so much more timeless.  How to get the look of a wealthy interior without spending a fortune?  The eternal question.

No comments:

Post a Comment