Friday, June 15, 2012

Guest Post: Bedrooms for the Modern Sophisticate

Joanna from Arcadian Lighting contacted me recently and offered to write a guest post about Bedrooms for the Modern Sophisticate, and I said yes :)  When I've been shopping on the internet, Arcadian Lighting has come up on my search results, but regrettably I have never ended up ordering from there.  But I wish that I had.  For example, this lantern light that I put in my mud room:


I wish that I had ordered it from Arcadian, because it would have been $57.60 instead of the $99 that I paid to Walmart!!


Sea Gull Lighting Bretton Traditional Convertible Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light
 

I'll be checking their lighting selection in the future.  In the meantime, here is Joanna's guest post . . .





Hello, I’m Joanna. I write for Arcadian Lighting, a premier source for brilliant chandeliers, wall sconces, and lighting fixtures of all styles and finishes. I am quite fortunate to spend my days searching the Internet for the most beautiful interior design images and ideas. I especially love sharing them in guest posts on blogs such as The Philosophy of Interior Design. I hope you enjoy my post today on sophisticated bedrooms. I have so many favorites but here are a few I like in particular.
Sophisticated Bedroom
A white bedroom is lovely with pops of pink. The tufted bed and Venetian mirror give it a feminine feel.
Sophisticated Bedroom
This sophisticated space boasts a glimmering well-turned bed. Big art isn’t necessary because the bed acts as the focal point of the room.
Sophisticated Bedroom
Rich earthy neutrals give a serene quality to this contemporary space. The gray flooring and accent wall provide a nice canvas for the rest of the room.
Sophisticated Bedroom
Peacocks are certainly popular right now and you can see why in this blue and white bedroom. The twin bed seems wider with its soaring canopy frame.
Sophisticated Bedroom
A luxurious Flokati rug acts as the canvas for this sophisticated blue and white space. The stripe above the bed adds interest while the rug gives texture. The light fixture and tufted chaise create a nice little reading corner.
Sophisticated Bedroom
This wonderous bed looks so comfortable, ready for a nap or an afternoon of reading. The room’s colors are quiet and soft.
Sophisticated Bedroom
A minimalist bedroom features a simple bed and little else. The Flokati rug creates texture in the space.
Sophisticated Bedroom
A beautiful built-in bed is quite glamorous with its mirrored cabinets, headboard and vintage looking lighting fixture, a lovely crystal chandelier. Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Which is your favorite sophisticated bedroom? Leave us some comments below, and be sure to visit Arcadian Lighting for stylish wall sconces and pendant lights, as well as the latest lighting ideas!


*I have received a small compensation for allowing Arcadian Lighting to post on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment