Just last Christmas, I walked through our Salt Lake Restoration Hardware. I had just put together a design for a large bath remodel and hunted down all the lighting, mirrors, tile, sconces, and fixtures (faucets). My bathroom design had so many of the same features of the exquisite bathrooms at RH!
|Me with my cute 3rd grader at Restoration Hardware in Salt Lake|
With these 5 items, and some white pops of color, you've got Restoration Hardware:
|Avanity Kelly in Blue/Grey Finish at Overstock.com|
1. A Restoration Hardware vanity MUST look like furniture.
|SomerTile Fortaleza Floor and Wall Tile at Overstock.com|
2. A Restoration Hardware bath floor cannot look like tile. In fact, there isn't much tile in an RH bathroom. In showers, the focus is on the fixtures and the glass and accessories, not the tile. I would recommend wood-look tile however, because real wood floors in a bathroom is just begging for water damage.
|Moen Weymouth Bath Faucet|
3. A Restoration Hardware bath has widespread, crosshandle faucets. Don't buy an off brand of fixture (faucet) here. Plumbers in Salt Lake prefer Moen and Delta brands because of the easy and infrequent repairs they require.
|Grecian Beaded Sun Gold Mirror at overstock.com|
4. A Restoration Hardware bath has individual frames over each sink that look like they could easily go in a living room. And don't be afraid to choose a different mirror frame metal from your faucet and lighting.
|Elite 1 Light Chrome Sconce at overstock.com|
5. A Restoration Hardware bath has wall sconces on each side of the mirrors. Often, these sconces have a lot of chrome and a matte opal glass. Choose something that is more modern and less matchy-matchy with the traditional furniture-looking vanity.
|Benjamin Moore Decorator White|
|Carrara White Marble Counters|
All of these medium and dark tones need some pops of white. Make it all work with a near-white paint color and some carrara marble countertops.
If you want help with a bathroom that you absolutely love, contact me about my design services.